Look at the picture below. It is a Seicane Jeep Commander(2008-2009) head unit after installation. Don’t you think it looks much better than a factory car radio? If you also own a Jeep Commander(2008-2009) and you are fed up with your factory radio, you might as well change it with a brand new one. This article is about a detailed installation guide for a Jeep Commander(2008-2009) head unit, if you are interested in learning how to remove your factory radio and install a new one, you can read it carefully to help with your installation.
Before and during installation, you should notice:
1.Before connecting, please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2.Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
3.Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
4.Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
5.Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
6.Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire, so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
7.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-devicesrd-400
2008 2009 2010 Jeep Commander head unit installation guide
1. The original car radio.
2. Grab at the bottoming plastic cover, push the bottoming box and release it.
3. Remove the original panel with a plastic knife, pry gently along the gap and pick up the panel, then remove it and then set it aside.
4. Unplug the connectors at the back of panel.
5. Remove four screws that fixed the radio on the dashboard.
6. Gently pull the factory radio out of the dash. The unplug the connectors at the back of the factory radio.
7. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane head unit.
8. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane head unit.
9. Connect the Seicane head unit to your original head unit ‘s plugs.
10. Turn on the new Seicane head unit to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
11. Put the new Seicane head unit into the dash.
12. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
With the help of the related installation guide, can you finish the whole car head unit installation process by yourself? If you still find it so hard that you cannot succeed in this installation at once, it is highly suggests you that you need to consult your dealer or just arrange a technician to have the unit installed. Before the installation, you have to check whether your new head unit fits well with your car or not. If it is not compatible, don’t worry, here I’d like to share a remarkable 2008 2009 2010 Jeep Commander android radio head unit from Seicane. You may check the following link for more details:
This unit is specially designed for you to upgrade your factory radio. Even if you are not good at identifying directions usually, you won’t get lost any more thanks to the strong built-in 3D GPS navigation system. With this navigation of high accuracy, you are able to arrive at your ideal destinations through turn-by-turn direction and voice prompts. Besides, by simply pair with your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone, you can dial, receive and reject hands-free calls as well as make music streaming without keeping hands off the steering wheel.