If you are not satisfied with your factory radio, it is suggested that you should think about removing your factory radio and installing anew aftermarket car radio. To achieve the whole removal and installation process, it is helpful for you to refer to a detailed installation instruction. The following is a 2011 2012 2013 2014 BMW X5 E70 /X6 E71 CIC car radio installation instruction from Seicane, which can be taken as your reference.
Some tips before the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2011 2012 2013 2014 BMW X5 E70 /X6 E71 CIC car radio installation instruction
1. Press the button that indicated so as to open the glove box.
2. Use a pry tool to pry loose the air vent dash trim.
3. Pull out the air-conditioning vent and disconnect the plugs connected behind it.
4. Then you are going to come the side and pull out the one switch for the actual glove box compartment.
5. Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws that fix the original car radio dash trim.
6. Remove two clips that are behind this radio face.
7. Remove four screws that fix the original car radio and pull it out from the dash. Then unplug the connectors and wires behind the car radio.
8. Unscrew the screws that fix the original display screen and then remove the screen.
9. Disconnect the connectors at the back of the screen.
10. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
11. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
12. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original radio’s plugs.
13. Turn on the new Seicane car radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
14. Put the new Seicane car radio into the dash.
15. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
Don’t worry if you encounter any problems before or during the installation. To fully solve the problems, you can try to contact your dealer, communicate with someone experienced or turn to a professional for help. Or if you are afraid of making damage to either your car radio or your car, you can directly arrange a professional technician to help you install the new car radio. Anyway, before installation, it is very vital for you to select an ideal car radio for your car. If you don’t know which kind of car radio can fit your car, you can refer to the following link which is a remarkable 2011 2012 2013 2014 BMW X5 E70 /X6 E71 CIC car radio from Seicane.
There is no doubt that with this great car radio installed in your car, your driving experience will be taken up a notch naturally. This car radio comes with a wide range of practical and entertainment features, which meets almost all your needs in car.
With the assistance of the worldwide real-time GPS navigation system of high precision, you are allowed to easily locate where you are and accurately find the right way to get to reach any locations you would like to go to according to the turn-by-turn directions and voice prompts. And this car radio’s dual zone function enables you to listen to your favorite music while navigating, and the music will automatically switch to GPS voice.
Additionally, through the Bluetooth connection between your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone and this car radio, without taking your hands off the steering wheel for a long time, you are enabled to dial, receive, reject and mute Bluetooth hands-free phone calls as well as listen to Bluetooth streaming music from your phone music playlist.
Wish you like this car radio. Good luck!