To create a more convenient, more comfortable and more relaxing car interior environment, it is strongly suggested that you should replace your factory radio with a new aftermarket car stereo. Since it is not so difficult for you to finish the car stereo installation, you can also install a new car stereo on your own with a detailed installation guide. This article aims to introduce how to install a 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee car stereo. If you have the same or similar dashboard, then you can refer to this article for your reference. Wish it is helpful for you.
Tips about the installation:
1.Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2.Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3.Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee car stereo installation guide
1. Remove the trim piece above cup holder with a lever.
2. Remove 2 screws behind the trim piece.
3. Gently pry around the side of trim panel with the lever and then remove the trim panel.
4. Remove 4 screws which hold the factory radio in place.
5. Take out the original radio.
6. Disconnect the smaller harness on the behind of the original car radio.
7. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car stereo.
8. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car stereo.
9. Connect the Seicane car stereo to your original car radio’s plugs.
10. Install four screws and trim panel.
11. Install 2 screws behind the trim piece and the trim piece.
12. Turn on the new stereo and have a comprehensive test if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
Wish you can learn some skills from the above installation steps. If you cannot fully understand these steps, you can consult your dealer, communicate with someone experienced or seek help from a professional. Additionally, to help you effectively select a suitable car stereo for your beloved car, here I would like to recommend a remarkable 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee car stereo from Seicane to you. For more details, please click:
This car stereo is equipped with a wide range of practical and entertainment features, so almost all your different needs can be met, which mainly include 3D GPS navigation, FM/AM radio, Bluetooth hands-free calls, Bluetooth streaming music, CD/DVD player, file management, AUX, steering wheel control, USB&SD card connection, etc.
Under the guidance of the high-end 3D GPS navigation system, you can easily know your current locations and navigate to your desired destinations through turn-by-turn directions and voice prompts. Besides, with dual zone function, you can freely listen to beautiful music from radio/AV/DVD/TV etc.
What’s more, with keeping your hands on the steering wheel and your eyes on the road ahead, hands-free calls and streaming music are both available for you to enjoy more convenience and enjoyment than ever before as long as you pair your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone with this unit.
Wish you enjoy your every driving experience. Good luck to you!