It is very exciting to have a self-driving trip with your families or friends, isn’t it? During the trip, how can you entertain your families and friends in the back seat? As far as I am concerned, you can utilize the car radio to play some music, videos, TV programs, etc to please them. However, if your factory radio is incompatible with such entertaining features, you’d better replace it with a modern upgraded car radio. Here I’d like to share an easy installation guide for a 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee radio with you. Wish it do help to your installation in the future.
Before and during installation, you should notice:
1.Before connecting, please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2.Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
3.Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
4.Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
5.Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
6.Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire, so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
7.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-devicesrd-400
1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee car radio installation steps
1. Remove the trim piece above cup holder with a lever.
2. Remove 2 screws behind the trim piece.
3. Gently pry around the side of trim panel with the lever and then remove the trim panel.
4. Remove 4 screws which holds the factory radio in place.
5. Take out the factory radio.
6. Disconnect the smaller harness on the behind of the factory radio.
7. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
8. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
9. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original car radio’s plugs.
10. Install four screws and trim panel.
11. Install 2 screws behind the trim piece and the trim piece.
12. Turn on the new radio and have a comprehensive test if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
Wish you can learn something from the above installation guide. If you meet any problems, you can seek help from your dealer or a professional. And there is one thing you must pay attention to, that is to check the compatibility between your new radio and your car. If you don’t have idea, you can refer to an excellent 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee gps nav dvd radio from Seicane. Here is the related link, please click:
The high configurations of this radio, including the intelligent Android 4.4.4 operation system and a powerful RK PX3 1.66GMHZ quad-core processor, make it possible for you to have the smoothest and fastest in-car operation experience. With this multifunctional radio in your car, you car, you can get access to a wide range of functions and features, such as 3D GPS navigation system, Bluetooth connectivity, DVD player, FM/AM radio, etc. By making full use of these different practical and entertainment features, you are able to develop a more comfortable, convenient and relaxing in-car environment as well as have a more wonderful driving experience. Wish you like it!