A lot of car owners love listening to music in their car, however, most of the factory radios don’t have best sound quality. As far as I am concerned, to install a new car stereo is the best choice to enhance the overall sound quality of your audio system. For the installation of a car stereo, even you have some related installation experience, you need find a detailed installation guide to help you. If you are a green hand, you should have the stereo installed by a professional technician. The detailed 2004-2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 R171 car stereo installation guide is as follows for your reference.
Some tips before the installation:
1.Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2.Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3.Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2004-2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 R171 car stereo installation guide
1. Open the little box beneath the radio and remove the screws with a screwdriver.
2. Pry the trim panel on the right side of the box with a removal tool, after that, remove it.
3. Remove the screw with a screwdriver.
4. Pry the leather surrounding the brake, then pull it up, at last, remove it.
5. Remove the trim panel under the brake with your hands.
6. Disconnect the connectors behind the trim.
7. Take the box out of the dashboard.
8. Disconnect the connectors behind the box.
9. Remove the trim panel on the box with your hands.
10. Disconnect the connectors at the back of the trim panel.
11. Remove two screwdrivers inside the trim panel.
12. Take another box under the radio with your hands.
13. Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the box.
14. Remove two screws after taking away the box with a screwdriver.
15. Pop out the disc player.
16. Remove the screws at both sides of the disc player.
17. Take the disc player out of the dashboard.
18. Remove two screws holding the radio with a screwdriver.
19. Take the radio out of the dashboard.
20. Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the radio.
21. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane stereo.
22. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane stereo.
23. Connect the Seicane stereo to your original car radio’s plugs.
24. Put the new Seicane stereo into the dashboard and turn it on to have a comprehensive check.
25. If everything works well, then install all the screws, boxes and trim panels accordingly into their original places. If not, check carefully whether all the cables are connected or not.
Above is the detailed installation guide for a 2004-2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 R171 car stereo. If you have any doubts, don’t be hesitated to communicate with a professional technician because he will provide you with valuable suggestions. Besides, before the installation, please make sure that you have a suitable stereo. If you don’t have it, you can refer to a remarkable 2004-2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 R171 car stereo from Seicane. For more details, please click:
This full-featured double-DIN car stereo, loaded with the stable Android 5.1.1 operation system and a powerful RK3188 1.6 GHz Cortex A9 Quad-core CPU, can become the best replacement for your factory radio in 2004-2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 R171.
This unit provides users with the latest technology features including high-end 3D GPS, DVD player, FM/AM radio, RDS, Bluetooth connectivity, USB/ SD connection, steering wheel control, etc.
Take Bluetooth connectivity as an instance. Hands-free calls and streaming music are both available when you connect your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone or other Bluetooth-enabled device to this unit via Bluetooth, you can dial, receive, reject and mute hands-free calls for safe driving as well as stream music wirelessly to car speakers from phones with A2DP feature for entertainment.
Wish you have a wonderful driving experience accompanied by this unit.