If you own a 1998-2006 BMW M3, you may want to replace your factory radio with an up-to-date BMW M3 car stereo if you find it hard to be compatible with many modern features. A new aftermarket car stereo is usually integrated with quite a few practical and entertainment features, which will definitely make your in-car life fill with convenience and fun.
Most car radios come with special wiring harness nowadays, which makes the installation quite easier than before, so car owners with some related experience can finish the installation on their own with a detailed guide. If you are going to install your new car radio by yourself, it’s suggested you read this article carefully before you begin to do it.
Tips about the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
The following is the detailed installation guide of the 1998-2006 BMW M3 car stereo:
- The original dashboard.
- Use a lever to remove the trim strip.
- Remove the two screws marked in the picture, pull out the original CD player and the air conditioner controller.
- Remove the storage box.
- Remove the four screws marked in the picture and pull out the CD bracket.
- The CD bracket and the storage box.
- Install the air conditioner controller in the place where the storage box used to be.
- Connect the cable with the new Seicane car stereo.
- Connect the new Seicane car stereo with the car.
- Have a test to check if everything in the Seicane car stereo works properly.
- Fasten the screws and install the trim strip back.
Please don’t pull out the GPS SD card with the power on in case of data corruption.
Installation tips for the GPS antenna.
Please don’t shorten or lengthen the GPS antenna to avoid a short circuit or antenna problems. Please place the antenna on the dashboard or on the roof of the car in a horizontal position as best as possible. If there if any film on the windows and heat insulation in the car, it may have a direct effect on the GPS antenna, like positioning precision and signal intensity.
Wish the above installation instruction can be helpful for you. It’s suggested you make clear every step before the installation. If you find it too hard to understand, you’d better ask a professional for help. In the process of the upgrading, the first and foremost thing is that you buy a fitting car stereo for your car, if you are unsure which car stereo is compatible with your car, please check out the following Seicane 1998-2006 BMW M3 car stereo as a reference.
Coming with 16G flash, an Android 4.4.4 operation system and an amazing Quad-core-A9 CPU, this modern BMW M3 car stereo with an 7 inch HD 1024*600 multi-touch screen will meet all your needs to replace your factory radio. You can easily travel to your destination with the turn-by-turn direction and voice prompts. The Bluetooth technology which enables you pair your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone with this unit can provide you with a safe and enjoyable journey. Hopefully you’ll like this car stereo and wish you have a good time with it!