If you want to enjoy more up-to-date features in your car to have fun, it’d be a great idea for you to replace your factory radio with a new aftermarket one, since most of the factory radio can’t be compatible with a lot of advanced features. Please look at the following picture which is a Seicane 2002-2011 Pontiac Wave car stereo after installation, is it familiar for you? If you say yes, you probably also have the same dashboard, then you can refer to the step-by-step installation guide as follows to help with your installation.
Here are some tips for you before the installation:
1. Please apply the parking brake and remove the negative cable on the vehicle battery before the removal to ensure safety.
2. A lever and a screwdriver need to be prepared before the installation.
2002-2011 Pontiac Wave car stereo installation guide
1. Remove the trim panel. There are several parts of the trim panel. You should remove them one by one. First remove the trim panel which is around the screen. Then, remove the trim panel which is next to the CD player. Remove the screws on the trim panel before you pry it from the dashboard. And put them away and keep every part well so that you can install them back to the original place perfectly.
2. Unscrew the screws on the units and put them away.
3. Take the original radio out of the dash.
4. Disconnect the connectors at the back of the original radio.
5. Install the new Seicane car stereo. The installations of different units are different. You should refer to the installation instruction from the dealer and connect the new Seicane car stereo to the original wiring harness. If it needs a wiring harness adaptor, connect the adaptor to the original wiring harness first, then, connect the adaptor to the new Seicane car stereo.
6. Turn on the new Seicane car stereo and test it. Connect the negative cable on the battery and turn on the new Seicane car stereo to test all the functions in it. If everything’s good, fix the screen by putting it hard to the dashboard and fix the DVD player with screws.
7. Install the trim panel. Install the trim panel which was next to the CD player before back to its original place.
Wish the above detailed installation guide can do some help for you. If you have any questions during the whole installation, you can turn to your dealer or a professional for help. A wiring diagram from your dealer can be much helpful for the installation. If you don’t have any installation experience, you can go to a car stereo upgrade center to install it to ensure a successful replacement.
Besides, you need to choose a right stereo for your car. Or a wrong stereo can neither be installed in your car nor work well with it. If you don’t have one, it’s wise of you to take a careful look at the following link which is about a great 2002-2011 Pontiac Wave car stereo from Seicane, please click:
This Pontiac Wave car stereo is based on Android 4.4.4 and the RK3188 1.6 GHz Cortex A9 Quad-core CPU, so you can enjoy a smoother and better performance on the large 7 inch multi-touch screen with HD 1024*600 pixel resolution. With the built-in GPS software, you are provided the turn-by-turn direction and voice prompts to get to your desired destination on time. A journey with safety and pleasure is also available when you pair your Bluetooth-enabled with this unit for hands-free calls and streaming music.
Hopefully you can like this popular Pontiac Wave car stereo and install it in your car for a brand new driving experience. Good luck to you!