As is known, it’s of great convenience when you use a real-time 3D GPS navigation system to find your way to your destination. And you will have great fun when you put the car multimedia player into good use. If you want to enjoy both at the same time, then it’s wise of you to replace your factory radio wit a multifunctional car radio which usually comes with great capabilities. If you have the same dashboard as the below which is a remarkable 2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz GL CLASS X164 car stereo from Seicane, it’d be great for you to read the Mercedes-Benz GL CLASS X164 car stereo installation
Tips about the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz GL CLASS X164 car stereo installation instructions
- Pry out the air conditioner panel along gap with a lever.
- Remove the air conditioner panel.
- Remove two screws holding the stereo in the dashboard frame with a screwdriver.
- Pull the buckles down.
- Carefully take the original CD player out of the dashboard.
- Disconnect the ISO plug of the car in the socket of the DVD player.
7. Connect the cables of the new Seicane car stereo as the user manual shows.
8. Connect the ISO plug.
9. Put the new Seicane car stereo back into the dash.
10. Put the buckles back into its original place.
11. Install two screws and the air conditioner panel.
12. Turn on the new Seicane car stereo and have a comprehensive test if everything works well.
Please don’t pull out the GPS SD card with the power on in case of data corruption.
Installation tips for the GPS antenna.
Please don’t shorten or lengthen the GPS antenna to avoid a short circuit or antenna problems. Please place the antenna on the dashboard or on the roof of the car in a horizontal position as best as possible. If there if any film on the windows and heat insulation in the car, it may have a direct effect on the GPS antenna, like positioning precision and signal intensity.
Hopefully you can get some benefits from the above installation guide. If you have any questions, you can ask your dealer or a professional for help. However, if you think it too hard to understand all the steps, it’s suggested you have your new stereo installed by a professional.
To have a successful upgrade, you need to find a right stereo for your car. if you have no idea which stereo can fit your car, I’d like to recommend an intelligent 2005-2012 Mercedes-Benz GL CLASS X164 car stereo from Seicane to you, here’s the link:
This Mercedes-Benz GL CLASS X164 car stereo comes with a WINCE 6.0 CORE operation system to smooth the operation. The latest navigation system can lead you to any unfamiliar location with ease with the spoken turn-by-turn guidance. To make your journey safer and pleasant, you can simply pair with your enabled mobile phone to make and receive hands-free calls and stream music via the Bluetooth technology.
More importantly, an optic fiber decoder can be supported by this stereo. With a decoder, you can keep your factory car’s optic fiber and all the speakers still working after installing this car stereo. The sound quality is amazing. And it’s easy to install this decoder.
To have an extraordinary driving experience, this intelligent Mercedes-Benz GL CLASS X164 car stereo is just your best choice. Take it right now and go!