Now you can easily get to your desired destination with the most accurate direction and voice prompts. What’s more, you can enjoy your most favorite music all the way. To get those, you can simply upgrade your factory radio with a new car stereo. The following is a professional 2000-2008 Mercedes Benz SLK class head unit installation guide from Seicane, you can refer to it to help with your installation.
Before and during installation, you should notice:
1.Before connecting, please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2.Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
3.Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
4.Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
5.Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
6.Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire, so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
2000-2008 Mercedes Benz SLK class radio installation guide
1. Open the little box beneath the radio and remove the screws with a screwdriver.
2. Pry the trim panel on the right side of the box with a removal tool, after that, remove it.
3. Remove the screw with a screwdriver.
4. Pry the leather surrounding the brake, then pull it up, at last, remove it.
5. Remove the trim panel under the brake with your hands.
6. Disconnect the connectors behind the trim.
7. Take the box out of the dashboard.
8. Disconnect the connectors behind the box.
9. Remove the trim panel on the box with your hands.
10.Disconnect the connectors at the back of the trim panel.
11. Remove two screwdrivers inside the trim panel.
12.Take another box under the radio with your hands.
13. Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the box.
14. Remove two screws after taking away the box with a screwdriver.
15. Pop out the disc player.
16. Remove the screws at both sides of the disc player.
17. Take the disc player out of the dashboard.
18. Remove two screws holding the radio with a screwdriver.
19. Take the radio out of the dashboard.
20. Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the radio.
21. Connect the connectors and cables to the new Seicane unit as the user manual shows.
22. Put the new Seicane unit into the dashboard and turn it on to have a comprehensive check.
23. If everything works well, then install all the screws, boxes and trim panels accordingly into their original places. If not, check carefully whether all the cables are connected or not.
That’s all the installation guide for a 2000-2008 Mercedes Benz SLK class head unit. Wish it can be helpful for you. If you don’t have any experience on the installation, you can have a professional install it. Besides, if you don’t find an ideal head unit for your car, I’d like to share a 2000-2008 Mercedes Benz SLK class head unit from Seicane with you, please click:
This unique Mercedes Benz SLK class head unit is loaded with an Android 4.4.4 operation system and a RK PX3 1.6 GHz Quad-core CPU for you to upgrade your factory radio. It features a number of useful and entertainment functions such as 3D GPS navigation system, bluetooth hands-free calls, bluetooth music, DVD player, FM/AM radio, Ipod, WIFI, TV, USB, SD, etc. You can also get optional functions like digital TV and rearview camera for greater convenience. Just take it and go!