As time goes by, you may find your factory radio is far enough to meet all your needs due to its single function, or you may be dissatisfied with its malfunction sometimes. In that case, you can consider replacing it with a new aftermarket head unit. If you own a 1998-2004 Mercedes Benz CLK Class, you can look at the below picture which is a Seicane Mercedes Benz CLK Class radio after installation. If you have the same or similar dashboard, you can refer to the below steps to help you with the installation.
Some tips before the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare unlock tools r before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
1998-2004 Mercedes Benz CLK Class radio installation guide
1. The picture of the original CD player and 6-disc CD player.
2. First detach the gear shift panel.
3. Use a screw driver to remove the screw marked with a red circle to release the car charger and ashtray.
4. Remove the car charger and ashtray assembly.
5. Use a screw driver to remove the screw marked with a red circle.
6. Pry the air conditioner panel out with a plastic lever.
7. Remove the original air conditioner panel.
8. Remove the heated seat and control panel assembly.
9. Pay attention to this buckle.
10. Remove two screws.
11. Pull out the original CD player.
12. Please be careful not to stretch the wiring harness behind the assembly.
13. The wiring diagram as follows. Put the plug of the car in the socket of the unit.
14. The wiring diagram.
15. The wiring diagram.
16. Radio antenna lead.
17. Install the new Seicane radio back after the wiring harness has bee connected. Fasten the four screws.
18. Install the air conditioner panel, the car charger, the ashtray, the heated seat and the control panel back.
19. Reinstall cigarette lighter.
20. Turn on the new Seicane radio and have a careful check if everything works well.
There are a little difference on the dashboard between different years of cars. Therefore, it’s normal if you find the above dashboard is different from yours. But the installation is quite similar, it won’t have much impact on the installation. If you find the whole process is too complicated to you, you can do it under a professional technician or directly install it in a car stereo upgrading center.
Before the installation, you need to make sure that you have a right car stereo for your car. If you have no idea which car stereo can fit your car, you can click the following link which is a wonderful Mercedes Benz CLK Class radio from Seicane.
This popular Mercedes Benz CLK Class radio comes with high configuration as well as a wide range of practical and entertainment features, including GPS navigation, DVD player, Bluetooth connectivity, iPod, TV, WIFI, USB, SD card, etc.
The GPS navigation system will help you easily reach your destination on time by providing you the correct and best way. You can still stay focused on the road ahead and keep your hands on the steering wheel control for phone calls as well as enjoy streaming music by simply pairing your enabled cell phones with this head unit.
Hopefully you like this amazing Mercedes Benz CLK Class radio and enjoy your all trips with it!