If you own a 2003-2010 Toyota Avanza, it is very essential for you to look for a new head unit upgraded when you want to create a more convenient and comfortable in-car environment as well as have a more wonderful driving experience. The following is the installation instruction for a 2003-2010 Toyota Avanza GPS DVD Head Unit. If you have a plan to change your factory radio, you can start your work following it step by step.
Tips about the installation:
1.Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2.Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3.Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-devicesrd-400
2003-2010 Toyota Avanza head unit installation instruction
1. The original head unit.
2. Adjust the shifter lever.
3. Use the plastic removal tool to remove the panel and unplug the connector behind.
4. Grab the center nob, remove it and use a screwdriver to unscrew the hidden screw.
5. Remove the panel with a plastic removal tool, and then unplug the connectors at the back of it.
6. Remove screws that are holding the radio.
7. Release the clips and take out the original head unit.
8. Disconnect connectors and cables at the back of the radio.
9. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane head unit.
10. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane head unit.
11. Connect the Seicane head unit to your original stereo’s plugs.
12. Turn on the new Seicane head unit to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
13. Put the new Seicane head unit into the dash.
14. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
Before the installation, please make clear every step. If there is any problem, it is high suggested that you should consult your dealer and seek advice from him. Besides, you can also ask someone experienced or a professional for help. However, first of all, you have to check the compatibility between your head unit and your car. If you have no ideas, you may refer to the following link which is about a 2003-2010 Toyota Avanza GPS DVD Head Unit from Seicane. Please click:
This car can become one of your good choices to replace your old factory radio in a 2003-2010 Toyota Avanza. The high-end 3D GPS navigation is specially built in for you to reach different places thanks to these features, including 3D street view, landmark display, turn-by-turn voice directions, etc. Under the Bluetooth technology, you can connect your enabled phone with this head unit so as to dial, receive or reject hands-free phone calls as well as enjoy streaming music from your phone music playlists. Wish you like it!