When you are going to replace your factory radio, you must want to find a detailed installation guide which can better help you with the installation. Here I’d like to share a step-by-step installation guide about a Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 car stereo with you. If you have the same dashboard as the picture below which is a modern 2004-2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 car stereoafter installation from Seicane, you can follow it to help with your installation.
Precautions for this installation:
1.Before you start up any work, park your car well and unplug the negative power cable to avoid any danger.
2.Please make sure that all fastened wires are isolated with electrical tape.
3.Please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2004-2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 car stereo installation guide
1. Open the little box beneath the radio and remove the screws with a screwdriver.
2. Pry the trim panel on the right side of the box with a removal tool, after that, remove it.
3. Remove the screw with a screwdriver.
4. Pry the leather surrounding the brake, then pull it up, at last, remove it.
5. Remove the trim panel under the brake with your hands.
6. Disconnect the connectors behind the trim.
7. Take the box out of the dashboard.
8. Disconnect the connectors behind the box.
9. Remove the trim panel on the box with your hands.
10.Disconnect the connectors at the back of the trim panel.
11. Remove two screwdrivers inside the trim panel.
12.Take another box under the radio with your hands.
13. Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the box.
14. Remove two screws after taking away the box with a screwdriver.
15. Pop out the disc player.
16. Remove the screws at both sides of the disc player.
17. Take the disc player out of the dashboard.
18. Remove two screws holding the radio with a screwdriver.
19. Take the radio out of the dashboard.
20. Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the radio.
21. Connect the connectors and cables to the new Seicane car stereo as the user manual shows.
22. Put the new Seicane car stereo into the dashboard and turn it on to have a comprehensive check.
23. If everything works well, then install all the screws, boxes and trim panels accordingly into their original places. If not, check carefully whether all the cables are connected or not.
Wish the above installation instruction can be helpful for you. If you have any questions, you can turn to your dealer or a professional for help. Please make clear every step before the installation. However, if you find it too hard for you to install it on your own, please have a professional do it. Or incorrect installation may cause some unexpected damage to both your car and the new stereo.
Besides, a correct car stereo also matters a lot. If you don’t have an ideal car stereo for your car, you can refer to this excellent 2004-2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 car stereo from Seicane. For more details, you are welcome to click:
This Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 car stereo is featured with its capability of supporting an optic fiber decoder which enables your factory car’s optic fiber and all the speakers still to work after installing this stereo. The installation of this decoder is quite easy and is just plug and play.
With this Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 car stereo in your car, while navigating to your destination with the most accurate direction and spoken guidance, you can also make and receive hands-free calls for safety and stream music for relaxation as long as you simply link with your compatible mobile phone via the Bluetooth technology.
Just take is right now and have a wonderful time with this Seicane Mercedes-Benz SLK W171 car stereo. Good luck to you!