Is there any way to decrease the budget on the replacement of a factory radio? Actually, installing the new car radio on your own can help you save a lot on the installation. With some related installation experience and a step-by-step installation guide, you can easily install your new car stereo in your car. Please look at the picture below, it’s a 2008-2013 VW Volkswagen Passat CC head unit from Seicane after installation. If you have the same dashboard, you can take it as a reference to help the installation of your new car stereo.
Precautions for this installation:
1.Before you start up any work, park your car well and unplug the negative power cable to avoid any danger.
2.Please make sure that all fastened wires are isolated with electrical tape.
3.Please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2008-2013 VW Volkswagen Passat CC head unit installation guide
1. Remove the top panel with a lever.
2. Disconnect the connector at the back of the panel.
3. Unscrew the screw with a screwdriver.
4. Remove the metal sheet on the top with your hands.
5. Unscrew two screws circled in red shown as follows under the metal sheet.
6. Remove the air conditioner vent with your hands.
7. Unscrew two screws under the vent with a screwdriver.
8. Remove the panel on the original car radio.
9. Unscrew four screws holding the original car radio with a screwdriver.
10. Take the original car radio out of the dash.
11. Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the original car radio.
12. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane head unit.
13. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane head unit.
14. Connect the Seicane head unit to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
15. Turn on the new Seicane head unit to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
16.Put the new Seicane head unit into the dash.
17. Put everything into their original place.
That’s all the installation guide for a 2008-2013 VW Volkswagen Passat CC head unit. If you have a different dashboard as that shown in the guide, please don’t worry, it won’t have much influence on the installation. For any question, you can consult your dealer. Wish you can get some help from it.
What’s more, it’s necessary for you to check the compatibility between your new unit and your car. If you have no idea about this, you can refer to this intelligent 2008-2013 VW Volkswagen Passat CC head unit from Seicane. For more details, you can check out with the following link:
This top VW Volkswagen Passat CC head unit comes with high configurations and great capabilities for you to upgrade your factory raido. Aside from every road feature you’ll ever need, it possesses improved software and hardware design over conventional in-car systems to make it come top of all the units at present. Just take it to start a brand new driving life from now on!