If you would like to replace your factory radio without wasting too much money, then this article on 2011 2012 2013 2014-2016 BMW 1 Series F20/F21 Right Hand Drive car radio installation can be helpful for you. Since most car radios are plug and play, the installation is not so complicated that you can try to deal with the installation all by your own under the guidance of a correct installation guide. The following is a 2011 2012 2013 2014-2016 BMW 1 Series F20/F21 Right Hand Drive car radio guide from Seicane which can be taken as your reference if you own the same or similar dashboard.
Some tips before the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2011 2012 2013 2014-2016 BMW 1 Series F20/F21 (RHD) car radio installation instruction
1. The original car radio.
2. Use a pry tool to loose the air vent and then remove the air vent.
3. Unplug the connectors at the back of the air vent.
4. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws that fix the radio panel.
5. Take out the panel.
6. Disconnect the connectors at the back of the panel.
7. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws of the radio and then pull out the original car radio.
8. Unplug the connectors or cables at the back of the car radio.
9. Remove the two screws that fix the display and then remove the display.
10. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
11. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
12. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original radio’s plugs.
13. Turn on the new Seicane car radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
14. Put the new Seicane car radio into the dash.
15. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
It is not abnormal if you encounter any problems in the process of the removal and installation. In that case, to deal with the problems you meet during the installation, you can contact your dealer, communicate with someone experienced or turn to a professional for help. Or you can directly go to a car radio upgrade center and ask a professional technician to help you install the new car radio. Anyway, before installation, it is crucial for you to remove an ideal car radio. If you have no ideas, you might as well check out the following link which is a remarkable 2011 2012 2013 2014-2016 BMW 1 Series F20/F21 Right Hand Drive car radio from Seicane.
This remarkable car radio comes with a wide range of practical and entertainment features, so with this car radio installed in your car, you are able to embrace a convenient and relaxing driving experience.
As for the practical features, you can make full use of the worldwide real-time 3D GPS navigation system of high precision, with the assistance of it, you can locate where you are currently and help navigate to any locations you would like to go to according to the turn-by-turn directions and voice prompts. And thanks to this unit’s dual zone function, you can listen to your favorite music while navigating.
What’s more, through the wireless Bluetooth connection between Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone and this car radio, both Bluetooth hands-free phone calls and Bluetooth streaming music are available for you without taking your hands off the steering wheel control.
What are you waiting for? If you like this unit, you can add this car radio to your shopping cart right now!