There is a common phenomenon existing that most car owners tend to install a new car radio on their own, which not only helps save a certain amount of money but also bring a sense of achievement. Actually, with a correct installation guide and some related experience, you can also install a new car radio on your own. Here I’d like to introduce an installation guide for a 2009-2012 KIA Old Sorento car radio. If you have the same dashboard, you can read it and take it as a reference.
Some tips before the installation:
1.Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2.Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3.Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2009-2012 KIA Old Sorento car radio installation guide
1. The original car radio.
2. Make sure that your e-brake is shifting to a lower gear. Then give some pressure to the gear shift knob to remove the knob.
3. Grasp the panel around the shift lever, disconnect the connector right down this panel and then remove this panel.
4. Remove the bottom panel with a removal tool.
5. Remove two screws fix the radio fascia with a screwdriver.
6. Remove the radio fascia.
7. Remove four screws that fix the AC control.
8. Pull out the AC control.
9. Remove four mounting screws that are holding the radio on the dashboard.
10. Pull the original radio out of the dash.
11. Disconnect the connectors and cables at the back of the radio.
12. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
13. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
14. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original radio’s plugs.
15. Turn on the new Seicane car radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
16. Put the new Seicane car radio into the dash.
17. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
Wish the above removal and installation steps can help with your new car radio upgrade to some extent. If there are any questions, you can contact with your dealer for seeking help or arrange a professional technician to install the radio straightly. Anyway, before the installation, please make sure that your new car radio can fit well with your car. If the radio is not compatible, you can refer to this intelligent 2009-2012 KIA Old Sorento gps dvd car radio from Seicane. For more details, please click:
This great 2009-2012 KIA Old Sorento gps dvd car radio, equipped with the worldwide real-time 3D GPS navigation system, make it possible for you to easily and accurately find the right way to your ideal destinations though the turn-by-turn and voice prompts. Besides, you can also take full advantage of the built-in Bluetooth module to get access to hands-free calls and Bluetooth music streaming from your mobile phone music playlists without keeping your hands off the steering wheel though the wireless connection between your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone and this unit. Don’t hesitate to take this radio home and wish you enjoy your driving accompanied by it!