Believe it or not, with a few concise steps, you can also remove your factory radio and install a brand new multifunctional car radio on your own. So when you have a plan to replace your factory radio, why not try to finish the whole upgrade process by yourself which not only helps you save money but also brings you a sense of achievement. An instillation guide on a 2004-2011 Mercedes Benz CLS W219 CLK W209 CLK270 CLK320 CLK350 CLK500 CLK550 CLK55 CLK63 CLK200 CLK220 CLK240 CLK280 car radio is as followings. If you are interested in it, you can read it carefully.
Precautions for this installation:
1.Before you start up any work, park your car well and unplug the negative power cable to avoid any danger.
2.Please make sure that all fastened wires are isolated with electrical tape.
3.Please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
4.Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
5.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd- 400
2004-2011 Mercedes-Benz CLK W209 CLS W219 car radio installation guide
1. The picture of the original car radio and 6-disc CD player.
2. First detach the gear shift panel.
3. Use a screw driver to remove the screw marked with a red circle to release the car charger and ashtray.
4. Remove the car charger and ashtray assembly.
5. Use a screw driver to remove the screw marked with a red circle.
6. Pry the air conditioner panel out with a plastic lever.
7. Remove the original air conditioner panel.
8. Remove the heated seat and control panel assembly.
9. Pay attention to this buckle.
10. Remove two screws.
11. Pull out the original car radio.
12. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane head unit.
13. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane head unit.
14. Connect the Seicane head unit to your original car radio’s plugs.
15. Install the new Seicane radio back after the wiring harness has been connected. Fasten the four screws.
16. Install the air conditioner panel, the car charger, the ashtray, the heated seat and the control panel back.
17. Reinstall cigarette lighter.
18. Turn on the new Seicane head unit and have a careful check if everything works well.
Wish the above installation guide can be helpful for you. If you are confused by the steps, you can turn to your dealer or a professional for help. Only a compatible car radio can work well in car after the installation. If you don’t have a suitable one, I’d like to share an excellent 2004-2011 Mercedes Benz CLS W219 CLK W209 car radio from Seicane with you. For more details, please click:
This up-to-date car radio comes with a wide range of practical functions as well as entertainment options, which can meet almost all your various needs and bring you a wonderful driving experience. With the assistance of the 3D GPS navigation system of high accuracy, you are allowed to have the best route option to get to your ideal destinations without mistakes at any time. Besides, some other functions can also provide you with convenience, which include Bluetooth technology, FM/AM radio tuner, CD/ DVD player, Wi-Fi, mirror link, etc. Wish you like it and good luck to you!